Mark and Ian talk Twitter Thou Shalt Not Do
Posted by Ian
on Feb 26th, 2010 in social networking
| 4 comments
Mark Peters and Ian McKendrick have some fun talking about the Top Ten things you should never do when using Twitter as part of your Social Media and Social Networking strategy. When you’ve never done Twitter before it’s a bit difficult to know what you should and should not be doing so we thought we’d put this list together to help.
Mark and Ian explain the Top Ten Things to avoid so that you stand the best chance of gaining relevant followers who are interested in you and what you do, help you to build up a powerful network, and enable you to get the best results through your on-line Twitter activities.
We hope you enjoy the series!
Twitter is a free social networking service that enables its users to send and read short messages of up to 140 characters, known as tweets. These tweets are text-based posts which are displayed on the author’s profile page and delivered to the author’s subscribers or followers. All Twitter subscribers can send and receive tweets via the Twitter website, or they can use a variety of external applications. The service is free and is a great too for building up your Social Networking profile and raise personal and brand awareness on-line.
For those who prefer a written lists of Top Ten Twitter Tips Thou Shalt Not Do, this is for you!
Thou Shalt Not:
- Whinge about personal matters -It’s scary when you get personal
- Troll, Flame or be rude while networking on-line – It upsets people
- No profile? Then don’t expect to get any followers.
- If you can’t be bothered, we won’t bother to follow you
- Mass following/mass unfollowing is poor etiquette.
- It tells us you’re only interested in numbers, not people
- Slag people off or show disrespect – It helps everyone if you suggest solutions instead
- Pointless updates – We’re really not interested if you’re in the bath – unless it’s with pictures!
- Never Re-Tweeting or Replying to Tweets – What are you there for?
- Twitter is a conversation – people to people – It’s a “Two Way” thing!
- Don’t send us Spam, we stop following you when you do
- Don’t sell or bleat out endless self promotion, rather engage with us and pique out interest
- Having no Avatar tells us you can’t be bothered. Social Networking is what it says on the tin
- It’s social – It’s person to person – It works best when we can see who we’re talking to!
If you liked this video, please leave us some feedback, and add any ideas for future releases in the comments below. Thanks!
Even better, come an join our community and give us your feedback there:
Leave a Reply